Since the extraction arms bring a great flexibility, convenience and also ergonomics for operators, they are used in metal working industries, especially in welding-shops, more and more frequently.
As a rough guide, there are mainly two different types of extraction arms that covers 80 to 90 per cent of all extraction systems in metal working industries;
1- Extraction arm WITH internal joints:
In this type of arm, the mechanism that keeps the extraction arm in equilibrium in all positions, is integrated inside the air-path. Therefore, this type of arm has the following disadvantages;
- High pressure loss due to the mechanism standing against the process air flow inside the flexible hose.
- The maintenance work (i.e. cleaning, tightening needs…etc.) is much more difficult and cost more time for the operator.
- The interval of the maintenance work is also much more frequent. Since the mechanism stays inside the process-air flow, it can get dirty much easier and in a short while. This is a bad disadvantage, especially for the welding of oily parts.
2- Extraction arm WITHOUT internal joints:
In this type of arm, the mechanism that keeps the extraction arm in equilibrium in all positions, is totally placed out of the air-path, onto the tube-pieces. So the process-air that flows inside the tube does not interfere this mechanism. Therefore, this type of arm offers just perfect advantages as follows;
- Very low pressure loss thanks to its special design providing a smooth and uninterrupted air flow inside the tube and hose parts. This means a very efficient extraction with the lowest possible pressure drop.
- The maintenance work (i.e. cleaning, tightening needs…etc.) is very simple: No time loss for the operator.
- The interval of the maintenance work is also much lower, because the mechanism is taken out of the process-air flow. As a result, this enables to keep the mechanism always clean.
VANTERM offers its new EK-2 model extraction arms in different sizes, to provide its customers always state-of-the-art extraction solutions.
VANTERM: Passion for excellence in Clean Air Solutions.