Wherever it is possible to apply, it has been proven that extraction at source is the most efficient way of capturing dust particles, smoke or fumes. When this method is used, the operator’s risk being subject to the hazardous smoke or fumes is reduced to a minimum level.
VANTERM has many different products and models to achieve a successful “at source capturing”. The most popular ones are extraction arms, downdraft and backdraft workbenches / workstations, canopy hoods or modular hoods that are shown below.
A clean and safe work environment can be achieved easily with one of the above shown products plus a proper airflow through the fume extractor.
However, sometimes it is impossible to apply extraction of fumes, dust particles or smoke “at the source” in production halls, due to various reasons. The most seen reasons are as follows;
- The structure or design of the parts to be welded cannot be covered with a simple hood or a typical extraction arm, due to the size and/or the geometry
- The operators are not always working at the same place in the production hall. Depending on the project, the welders can be changing their workplaces from point to point within the production hall.
- The smoke and dust particles can be created in so many different points within the production hall that, it cannot be possible to capture all these dust particles and smoke with hoods or extraction arms.
- The company does not want to invest in duct works due to the limited investment budgets.
- The production shop is used for a limited time or during a temporary rental agreement period.
- The cranes in the production hall and/or the ceiling height prevents to adapt typical at source extraction via arms or extension cranes.
As a result, when “the fume and smoke extraction at source” is not possible to realize, due to any of the reason explained above, the Vortex Filtration is the only perfect solution to use.
However, in this case, you need a special designed filter unit to create an efficient VORTEX effect within the production hall. VANTERM, with its perfect designed Filter Tower models, delivers a real Vortex solution to its customers. Thanks to its plug & play installation, Filter Tower models are very easy to install at site.
Filter Tower models are also used to increase the air quality in the production hall, where an existing filtration system is not enough to create a clean working environment.
VANTERM: Passion for excellence in Clean Air Solutions.